The online data room allows you to build a complete system for managing information flows and sharing documents of the organization and contains all the necessary tools for the successful automation of the document management of any company.
File-sharing options for a modern company
Today, productivity depends on the ability of employees to access and share data from any device, from any location, and use it to collaborate with colleagues and partners anywhere in the world. In this era of ubiquitous mobility, personal device-to-work, and globalization, work isn’t just done in one place, on one computer – it can be done anywhere, on any device. Working groups, partner networks, and client bases have a broad geographical coverage. Employees from various organizations and regions participate in projects and processes. So how can IT get data where it’s needed without sacrificing security, governance, and compliance?
A practical solution must meet the needs of both users and IT departments by providing the following options:
- Give users instant access to data in sync across all devices and help them improve collaboration and productivity through secure file sharing that seamlessly integrates with their workflows;
- Give IT departments complete control over data access and communication by delivering a managed service that meets corporate data security standards and regulatory requirements.
Virtual data room implements these capabilities in an enterprise cloud-based solution that enables IT professionals to deliver a reliable and secure service that meets user requirements for mobility and collaboration. Employees can easily share, store, sync, and use securely on any device, while IT can meet security, compliance, and manageability requirements.
Online data room – the best alternative for secure file-sharing
The widespread use of consumer file-sharing services poses a clear threat to corporate data security. IT departments have no control over how these services are used: what type of data can be shared, how data can be accessed, or with whom inside or outside the organization data can be shared. Access to and exchange data cannot be centrally monitored or audited, making it impossible to comply with IT standards and government regulations, especially in highly regulated industries such as finance and healthcare. In addition, data transferred to third parties can be easily retransmitted and accessible to persons not related to the intended recipient. Therefore, a virtual data room is a more reliable solution to ensure robust security measures. End-to-end encryption offers the best security. Files are encrypted on your device before they are sent.
The functional data room system is intended for:
- organizing corporate document storage (a catalog of regulatory documents, an archive of documents, and the information portal of the company);
- ensuring the process of collective preparation of documents, centralized storage of working documents, and automatic notification of employees about documents received for processing;
- building an information portal of the organization, i.e., a single information space in which employees can instantly find the documents they are interested in and take part in the preparation and approval of documents or involve other employees in this process;
- audit and reporting: IT can track and log any user activity, including data access and sharing, to ensure compliance and visibility into data usage. Users and IT departments can also create customized reports on account usage and access.
So, the digital data room empowers IT to give people the access they need to data and collaborative projects anytime, on any device, while meeting the organization’s security, manageability, and compliance requirements.